New Trailer in the Works – Part 13

This entry is part 13 of 17 in the series Trailer Assembly

Finally starting the sides! Cut the first 1″x6″x8′ in half and lined it up on the front side of the trailer.

Since I had used bolts to attach the plywood deck I cut pockets for the heads to sit in so the board would sit flush with the plywood deck. Used carpenters square to try and make sure the stakes were perpendicular to the bed, then clamped everything in place before drilling the bolt holes. I didn’t want it to end up looking all askew.

Front side completed. I planned on the sides being a little higher than some trailers. A lot of what it will be used for are light, bulky items like branches and mulch. Also high enough with a tarp spread over it I can sleep in it. 🙂

Rear side is completed.

And finally one side is done. Next time should finish up the sides, then on to adding latches and other hardware. Oh, and one other big step… see if the rear side will come out of the stake pockets! I don’t think the other three sides will normally ever be removed, but obviously the rear side does so equipment can be loaded.

Series Navigation<< New Trailer in the Works – Part 12New Trailer in the Works – Part 14 >>
Posted in Equipment and tagged , .

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *